The First Tee of Silicon Valley is a unique youth development program providing high quality educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values, and promote healthy choices seamlessly through the game of golf. It’s more than a game – it’s a shot at upward mobility for the underserved, at-risk youth in our community.
Our program is a safe haven that provides structure, direction and intentional mentorship addressing the epidemic of high school dropout rates, aggressive anti-social behaviors and childhood obesity. We fill the opportunity gap for those youth experiencing challenges associated with poverty and ethnicity.
- Mid-Peninsula to South County
- 10,000 Youth (age 8-18) Annually
- 100% Receive Financial Assistance
- 98% Racially Diverse
- 45% Females
- 100% Graduate from High School
- >80% A/B Honor Roll
- >90% Character Improvement
- >90% Lifetime Golfers
- >90% Better Citizens
Help us Fund the Future
We are a self-sustaining 501c3 non-profit that serves as a public benefit. We need your support to grow our financial assistance, expand programming locations, hire and train additional coaches, and purchase equipment to reach the nearly 400,000 youth in our service area.
Our classes are open to all youth 2nd to 12th grade regardless of background. We provide 100% financial assistance to all participants – a full season (12 hours of instruction) cost us $270 per participant and we charge a fee of $160. We also provide financial aid reducing the fee to $20-$135 based on need and sibling discounts. Your contributions allow us to provide affordable access and achieve our goal of growing 15% annually.
The First Tee of Silicon Valley is more than a game – it’s a shot at upward mobility for the under-served to make our community a better place.
Ways to Give
We offer a variety of ways to meet your personal giving goals. Know that whichever way works best for you, 100% of your donation goes directly to its intended purpose.
- Volunteer – Give back to the community as a volunteer coach.
- Annual Giving – Individual donations that recur on an annual basis will cover our programming costs. Give >$250 to become a Caddy Club Member.
- Donate Golf Equipment – We accept golf clubs less than 10 years old and new golf equipment.
- Donate Items & Vehicles – View our wish list to help reduce our operating costs and how to donate a vehicle.
- Matched Giving – Many gifts from individuals will be matched by the employer. Find out if your employer will match your gift!
- Planned Giving – Assures that the positive impacts of our program will continue from one generation to the next.
- Donate Now – We are 100% locally supported.
- Donate Stock – Donating stock or appreciated securities is a great way to support us.
- Capital Giving – Invests in improvements to class locations to expand capacity of programs.
- Partnerships – Many organizations have become our partners forming business, club, and special relationships with The First Tee of Silicon Valley.
- Sponsorships – Let your gifts be officially recognized by The First Tee of Silicon Valley at our high-profile fundraisers and special events.
The Future Talent of Silicon Valley DBA The First Tee of Silicon Valley is a nonprofit public benefit corporation (501 c3) – tax identification #46-3102278.