The First Tee uses golf to teach youth life lessons and leadership skills. Sessions include a fun, group setting for youth grades 1 to 12 regardless of background or previous experience. Teaming up with experts in positive youth development, The First Tee helps youth become good golfers and even better people.
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through The Class levels
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (1st grade & up) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (3rd grade & up) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (5th grade & up) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (7th grade & up) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (9th grade & up) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.