We are growing and thriving because of generous support from individuals and organizations like you. Your donation helps us keep class fees affordable and meet the current demand for our programs. We serve 10,000+ participants on an annual budget of less than $800K. Some 2015 highlights include:
- 1,200 certifying participants (240% growth since 2010!)
- 10,000+ in-school DRIVE participants
- 20 DRIVE schools
- 6 program locations from Palo Alto to Gilroy
- 2 classes taken per participant, on average, per year
- 40% of participants female
- 78% of participants minority
- $55,000 in need-based class scholarships awarded
Our goal is to serve 20,000 participants annually by the year 2020. To achieve this, we need to expand programming locations, hire and train additional staff, purchase additional equipment for our DRIVE program, and increase financial support for families unable to afford our participation fees.
Large or small, your gift today is an
investment in the future talent of Silicon Valley.
We Need your Help!
We need your generous financial support to continue shaping youth into high quality adults and to keep our classes affordable. Our positive youth development programs works. The young people we mentor behave better, get better grades, and are healthier than their peers. More than 50% of our current class costs (>$250) are covered by contributions keeping class fees affordable. And more than 25% of our participants require full financial aid to even cover the $100 class fee. Your generosity provides opportunity and results.
While we hope to impact over 13,000 youth in 2016, we have much greater demand for our programs than we can currently address. Unfortunately, we have to turn many youth away. $1M is needed for program costs to meet the current, actual demand. By committing to give annually, you help us to ensure that proper funds will be available to budget and plan for our growth to serve many more children.
Ways to Give
We offer a variety of ways to meet your personal giving goals. Know that whichever way works best for you, 100% of your donation goes directly to its intended purpose.
- Annual Giving – Individual donations that recur on an annual basis will cover our programming costs. Also, give enough to join our Caddy Club and receive exclusive invitations to our Annual Events.
- Matched Giving – Many gifts from individuals will be matched by the employer. Find out if your employer will match your gift!
- Planned Giving – Assures that the positive impacts of our program will continue from one generation to the next.
- Capital Giving – Contributes to irreplaceable assets that benefit our program and the local public for decades to come.
- In-Kind Giving – Lightly used or unused golf and study materials can be donated to provide our students in need the physical tools to help them succeed on and off the golf course.
- Partnerships – Many organizations have become our partners forming business, club, and special relationships with The First Tee of Silicon Valley.
- Sponsorships – Let your gifts be officially recognized by The First Tee of Silicon Valley at our high-profile fundraisers and special events.
The Future Talent of Silicon Vally DBA The First Tee of Silicon Valley is a nonprofit public benefit corporation (501 c3) – tax identification #46-3102278.